>> See the Calendar of Events <<
Summer Camp (2 Week Sessions)
- Animation Boot Camp - $400
Complete Design Cirriculum (3 X 8 Parts)
- I - Design Fundamentals - $320
- II - Art of Animation - $320
- III - Sound Engineering - $320
Digital Art and Animation (5 Parts Each)
- 3D Modeling & Animation - $200
- 2D Illustration & Animation - $200
Introductions (1-3 Parts Each)
- New Business Launchpad - $60
- Digital Scrapbooking - $40
Artist Social Workshops (Ongoing)
- Open Sourcery - $20
- Exquisite Corpse - FREE
- Cartoon Workshop - FREE
>> See the Calendar of Events <<
2D Animation with Flash
Basics: Vector Illustration and Basic Animation for Flash Artists
Part I: Introduction to Flash Basics
- Software Basics - installing program, setting up the workspace, saving and understanding file formats, basic actions.
- Tools and Menus - Exploring the basic functions of Flash.
- Palettes & Library - How elements are stored, shared and manipulated.
- Layers and Timelines - Build a basic multi-layered animation, create tweens and effects, learn keyboard shortcuts to navigate your layouts.
Part II: Introduction to Illustration and Animation Principals
- Drawing with Flash - Using tools and techniques to draw efficiently with Flash, Learn about booleans and gradients, the Properties panel, Filters and Parameters. Smoothing and Flash's drawing aids.
- Onion Skinning - Create a "flip-book animation", Storyboarding, pen tablets and pressure sensitive drawing.
- Rotoscoping - Learn how to import images, sequences and video to trace an animation.
- Audio - importing and handling audio formats, basic audio recording and editing.
Basics: Animation and Audio Principals for Voice Actors, Foley Artists and Writers
Part I: Story Writing and Animation for Beginners
- Storyboarding - telling your story, sketching with Flash, directing.
- Timeline Basics - How the end product is put together, setting up files for the animators
- Writing - creating and developing characters, brainstorming and script writing
Part II: Audio and Video Principals for MultiMedia Animation
- Recording Techniques - microphones, Skype internet, editing and file formats
- Photography Basics - PhotoShop, cameras and formats
- Video Introduction - Cameras, formats, make-up, lighting and green screen
Advanced: Character Animation, Set Design and Production for Animators
Part I: Using the AnimSlider to Create Characters and Sets
- Importing Components & Creating Shortcuts - Transforming Flash into an Animation powerhouse.
- AnimSlider - Using the Character Timeline Plugin, creating skeletons and animating characters.
- Scenes - Compiling an animation, converting vector sequences and animating for 3D environments.
Part II: Directing and Publishing Animation
- Advanced Layers, Timelines and Scenes - Build a complex, multi-scene animation, learn how to efficiently navigate your scenes, characters and movie timelines, more about Actions.
- Publishing and Organization - Transforming vector animation to video and internet media, Managing workflow, Library assets and files, sharing with other artists.
- Directing and Production - working with writers, audiophiles and studios.
Advanced: Audio, Video and 3D Principals for Animation
Part I: Video and Special Effects for Vector Animators
- Implementing 3D elements - Basic introduction to 3D Modeling, Finding Meshes and vector animation.
- Photoshop filters - Using photoshop to prep images, add filters to sequences and batch compile animations.
- Handling Video formats - Importing and Exporting video formats, apply filters and editing principals.
Part II: Foley Techniques for Advanced Audiophiles
- Recording and Editing Audio - prepping audio, theme music and sound effects for Flash animation.
- Voice Synch - Phonemes, multi-layered timelines, audio and character animation.
- MIDI and Sound Effects - Creating sound effects, theme music and dramatic voice manipulation.
- Ton of Clay Productions - Animation, Design and 3D Modeling
- Medium Device - Browser Based Storyboard and Animation Tools
Collaborators / Partners
- Exquisite Corpse - Collaborative Art Project / Surreal Parlor Game
- Blah Blah - Community of Writers, Artists, Musicians and Thinkers
- Flash & Animation Collective - MeetUp Group
- Exquisite Corpse: Collaborative Art - MeetUp Group
Venues / Events
- Animation Starts Here - Aniboom Animator Profile
- Comedy Therapy - Comedians, Comedy Shows, Cartoons, DJs, Jokes