The aim of the studio is to encourage Design Thinking by applying STEAM Education concepts to a series of hands-on Animation projects using Open Source software.
Do you believe in Magic?
You already have the magic mojo in you! Using animation and STEAM you will tap into that power realizing your destiny as an artistic sorcerer of the Animation Arts.
What is STEAM?
- Science: Physics, Biology, Optics, Kinematics
- Technology: Computers, Gaming, Software, Programming
- Engineering: Design, Architecture, Mechanics, Aesthetics
- Arts: Animation, Music, Theater, Writing, Visual Arts
- Math: Geometry, Algebra, Calculus, Logic, Analysis
What is Design Thinking?
As apprentices of animation magic, designers communicate visually using symbols and signs through the medium of sketching, diagrams and technical drawings. The "Eureka Moment" in Design Thinking is the moment where the vision and the nature of the problem come together and an appropriate solution has been captured. It happens through practicing, doing and reflecting upon the personal design process.
What is Open Sourcery?
Spread the Weird Studio uses Linux computers with FREE open source software that will work on your own computer.
- - Ubuntu Studio Operating System
- - 3D Modeling, Animation and Game Creation Suite
- - 3D Sculpting for Mac & Windows
- - Scaleable Vector Graphics Editor
- - GNU Image Manipulation Program
- - Audio Editor
- - Apache Version Control Pipeline Integration